Sunday, March 02, 2008

Knuffle Bunny

We got this book from the library that describes the Little Lady to a T. It's called Knuffle Bunny. This little girl goes to the laundromat with her dad. She leaves her special "Knuffle Bunny" there. On the way home, she realizes and starts saying, "Aggle Flaggle Klabble," over and over again. The dad says, "yep, we're going home." Then she starts wailing and goes, "boneless," which is the limp arms/legs syndrome. Then when they get home, the mom says,"Where Knuffle Bunny?" So the dad runs back to the laundromat and they find him. And the little girls says her first words, "Knuffle Bunny!!"

This is so like the Little Lady. She will run over and just start jabbering like I know what she is saying. And she'll repeat her jabber over and over again because she obviously wants something. It's hard because she's trying to communicate but she's just not quite forming real words yet.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that time. My niece used to say (long time ago) - "Yook!" (instead of look) and everytime I hear some other kid say that my hearts just sings. I miss that.

Cathy said...

I love that book - my preschool students love to help me read the silly words!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! When they're SUPER excited about something, my girls love to mumble jibberish like I know what they're saying too.. Luckily I can usually catch the first word and the last word, and know exactly what they're trying to say LOL