Ok the stress is pretty much over except the part where we sign our lives away in 500 places just in case they the first 499 times weren't enough. We are in the fun stage now. I went back to the house last week to show my dad and auntie. Combining trips, I also measured windows for curtains (not because the current owners are awful but because they are completely awful). I am also picking colors for paint. I have neglected to post pictures because I am waiting for the dramatic picture of us in front of the house with the sold sign up! But to let you in on a little surprise, the current owners have their sitting room (aka home teaching room...piano room....study?) painted Christmas Red with Christmas green couches and Christmas green blinds. And of course, I just brought in a few paint samples to try to match the bold blue carpet in the family room.
I am now one of those people who walk around Home Depot for hours just ooooing and ahhhing over all the fun stuff that I could do to my house! But because we will now be living below the poverty level we can in no way afford to do any home improvements save the much needed paint. Every time we leave that store with nothing the Babe says where are the groceries? As if we can't go to a store and not buy anything. Besides any project that I want to do costs upwards of $500 and that's a lot of money.
But the hubby wanted to mention that we are debt free for probably the last time in our lives. We have 0 debt! No credit cards, car loans, student loans....nothing! But it's a short-lived accomplishment. So congratulate me while you can.
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment