Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Food Storage

So lately I've been on this food storage kick. It's really stretching our budget too. It's hard to buy all your regular food and $100 in food storage. But all in all this has been a good thing.

At an Enrichment, this lady spoke about food storage and mentioned her website. I looked it up and I think it's super cool. She goes through the sales ads each week and tells you what is a bad deal, ok deal and great deal. Then you know what to buy at a good price that week.

She also has this super cool chart that you can download to help you know how much food storage to buy. It suggests buying real things that I would use like BBQ sauce and boxed cereal! And it tells you how much of each your buy (per person or per family of 4-6).

Here is her site: http://www.myfoodstoragedeals.com/index.cfm

Anyway so I'm a little obsessed but that's ok. It's good to be passionate about things right?! I made the hubby clean out our mud room and give me some space to store things in there. I organized to all into groups. Then I got lazy and haven't touched it since.

So here's my new goal. I'm going to cook every night for 28 days straight. They say that you form habits by doing something 28 days in a row. So if I cook for 28 days in a row then it will be a habit and we'll eat better. Right? We'll see how it goes. I'll post progress on here (if I have time).

3 comments:

Matt and Leticia said...

Way to go Kendra! I wish I was as motivated as you to buy food storage and cook at home. Maybe, if you post all the yummy recipes you use I will get motivated to cook for 28 days too.

Anonymous said...

I'm the same way! I've been going to ShelfReliance and ordering their Thrive products on sale. It's hard to buy a little at a time and I get carried away every once in a while.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I have no idea what I did on the knitting. Haha. It just turned out that way. Wait till you see it!You'll laugh! But, hey! at least I'm learning right?