This made me think about my relationship with the hubby. I kept a journal the entire time we were dating and that has always been precious to me. I'm not sure why I wrote because I didn't continuously write during the year before or the year after. It is special to me and every so often I take it out and read it to remind myself why I fell in love.
Then the hubby showed me that he also kept a journal! I think I knew that he had but I hadn't ever really read it or thought too much about it. This week I read it. And let me just say I married the best one, too bad ya'll missed out.
There is nothing in them that is inappropriate or too private. If you really know Russ, then it's so sweet to read about his concern for me, his true inexperience in dating and genuine sweetness. My love letters are all superficial and immature. But his are so insightful and thoughtful. So if he ever becomes the prophet, you have our permission to publish his love letters after we're dead and make a killing off them. (not mine)
And just to tease you, I wanted to share one little quote from them (hang on it's a tear jerker),
"I am going to marry an awesome girl. I don't know how I got to be so blessed. The Lord sure does love me. She is just plain awesome. I hope that I can be worthy of her as my wife." (Russ)

1 comment:
That is so sweet! I always knew "The Hubby" was a stud!
Post a Comment